High-Impact Wrestling Association

High-Impact Wrestling Association

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

WWE Discussion

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 1:33 am

I'm making a thread to discuss all things WWE. Give your favorite performers, storylines you like, what you think of a particular show, etc. Let's get some discussion.

Current Champions:

RAW
WWE Title - Randy Orton
IC Title - Jeff Hardy
Tag Titles - Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch
Women's Title - Beth Phoenix

SmackDown!
World Title - Batista
U.S. Title - M.V.P.
Tag Titles - John Morrison & The Miz
Cruiser Title - (if it is active) Vacant

ECW
ECW Title - CM Punk

Okay, discuss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 12:36 am

Ok, I'll start thing off.

I'm pretty excited about WWE right now. Edge and Y2J are back, and Ric Flair will be back next week.

Jericho is supposed to have a new finishing move, which I can't wait to see.

It's looking like Edge/Undertaker for Wrestlemania which should be all kinds of greatness.

I'm interested to see what they will do with Jericho and Orton for Armageddon. Orton has looked really strong lately, and it will be Y2J's first PPV match back so they'll want him to look strong as well. It's either keep Orton's momentum, or keep Jericho's. Should be interesting to see how they pull it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzza3920
Site Admin
muzza3920

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 12:41 am

im still pissed that HBK didnt beat Randy Orton
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hiwa.moonfruit.com
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:17 am

The end of that match was done beautifully. It made both guys look strong. Orton covered Michaels for a clean 1-2-3, but it made it seem like HBK had it won if not for the stipulations. One of the best endings to a match I can remember for a while.

I'm looking forward to HBK/Kennedy. I'm pretty sure HBK will win the feud ultimately, but Kennedy will get his shots in and move himself higher up the card and increase his credibility in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzza3920
Site Admin
muzza3920

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:39 am

yea but te stipulations i believe were favouring orton cause he could still use n RKO if the both wernt allowed to do there finishers in a no DQ match that wouldve been good
Back to top Go down
TDX

TDX

Location : Oberzier Germany a little Town in the near of Cologne

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 1:02 pm

i am a great Supporter of the HBK i think he should be Champion intead of Orton the last 2 or 3 years he didnīt get any single Gold and he was laying down for others all the time -.-
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/tdx_torsten
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 3:06 pm

Yeah, but Michaels almost retired this year. They're going to have Orton for a good long time. HBK will be fine. He'll get to go over Kennedy now. Honestly, HBK doesn't need gold to be credible. Younger guys win gold to build them up, but Michaels is already built up. The singles gold on RAW is the IC title and the WWE title. He's above the IC and has been in feuds with younger guys over the WWE title. Ge's helped put over Cena and Orton, two guys who will be main eventers for years to come.

The stips were the beauty of the match. HBK would have won the title if he could have used SCM, but Orton still had to beat him. He couldn't get disqualified or use foreign objects, he had to beat him himself, which he did. It made both guys look good. HBK could easily be the champion, but Orton is more credible now as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TripleHHH

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2007 5:18 am

i hope will have Chris Jericho vs Randy Orton at Armageddon that will be a great match and we have a lot of memories whit y2j whit great extra matches
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 2:58 am

Jericho/Orton should be good. Both guys have what it takes to put on an excellent match and tell a good story. I'm looking forward to this feud continuing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzza3920
Site Admin
muzza3920

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:00 am

I hope when Cena comes back he goes to Smackdown and mops up MVP and wins the US championship
Back to top Go down
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:08 am

That'd be nice, but Cena is super over and there's no way Vinny Mac would let Smackdown have him back at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzza3920
Site Admin
muzza3920

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:11 am

but don't yoiu see a pattern of movements of the super stars Smackdown gets the young talents RAW steals them off them just before they peek then they go back to SmackDown and do better then they did on RAW
Back to top Go down
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:48 am

Like who? The onyl pattern is that Smackdown establishes young stars, and then they get sent to RAW in the draft to help the ratings of the A-Show. Carlito, Cena, Kennedy, London & Kendrick, Shelton Benjamin, Johnny Nitro, Bobby Lashley...MVP will probably be next.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:53 am

Oh, and a few years ago Edge and Angle were big stars on SD! and got sent to RAW. Talent very rarely goes the other way. The only reason the blue show got Batista was because Cena was going to RAW. Edge went back because of injuries, Angle was sent back because of injuries at one point, Kane got put on Smackdown because RAW just didn't him after since they were getting Kennedy and Booker in the draft. The draft also took Benoit from Smackdown...I wasn't going to bring him up, but he was one of their only really credible guys and they sent him to the C-Show to help their ratings. Vinny Mac just doesn't seem to care about Smackdown very much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AminRa

AminRa

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:19 am

I am liking the way Raw is starting to turn out. I am a huge Jericho mark, so that helps. I think ECW's talent is really underrated tho. It definately has the potential to be great, but it just doesn't play into WWE's style. I think if Vince would let ECW be the "new age wrestling" show they would do great, but that is definately not WWE's forte.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 9:51 pm

ECW's talent is solid, but the lack of anything different in killing them. They're "Extreme" Championship Wrestling, but there's nothing extreme about the show. It's just a shorter version of SmackDown! basically. Talent isn't the issue. Punk, Burke, Benjamin, Striker, Dreamer, and Morrison are all pretty good to very good in the ring. With the "talent exchange" they can have other guys as well, and give the ECW guys who aren't title contender's something to go after in the tag-titles. Guys like Thorn, Knox, Balls etc. aren't in contention for the ECW title, but they can face SD! tag teams. I don't like Morrison a lot, and I don't like Miz at all, but with them as tag champs it opens a lot of doors for other ECW guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AminRa

AminRa

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 10:11 pm

I agree completely. ECW is nothing special. It is Smackdown Jr. And one of the problems is the ECW name. WWE obviously thought that the name alone would bring in old fans. That has obviously failed. It is time to re-christen the brand. Or maybe more appropriately re-invent it. Let all the young talent do their thing. It may not be Vince's cup of tea, but as a businessman he should be able to see the advantage of such a move. They have the talent. They should use it.

And I am not a big fan of the Miz either. That is mainly just his character though. I don't feel he pulls it off very well. I wasn't impressed by his abilities either until just recently. I think he has a lot of potential. Nitro (sorry, I refuse to call him Morrisson) on the other hand plays his role pretty well and is full of talent. I definately think he has what it takes to be something big.

Oh, and one more thing... I think the talent exchange is ridiculous. I understand that they travel together and the shows are taped the same night and everything, but WWE needs to stick to their guns. Either have the brands and stick to it or drop the whole idea and have one big roster.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:10 pm

Meh, I think the talent exchange is fine. It helps both shows be more entertaining. The ratings haven't been very good for either, and if this helps I don't see why not. Having a third brand is stupid anyway. I'd prefer abolishing ECW, but it makes money so they won't. At the very least they should re-introduce the hardcore title and make it exclusive to ECW...where SD! guys can compete for it, but it can only be defended on ECW or at a PPV. As long as they treated it like a real title and didn't have it change hands 8 times per night it would be fine.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tryzo

Tryzo

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:30 pm

muzza3920 wrote:
im still pissed that HBK didnt beat Randy Orton

hahahaha.....i bet on this match with my friend and win 5$.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzza3920
Site Admin
muzza3920

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 10:59 pm

Anyone else see the Code Breaker
Back to top Go down
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:26 pm

muzza3920 wrote:
Anyone else see the Code Breaker
I sort of liked the move. When he wrestles somebody who can sell it better it will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzza3920
Site Admin
muzza3920

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 11:30 pm

yeah like Randy Orton at Armagedoen I bought it as soon as i heard there would be a triple threat between Edge Batista and Undertaker
Back to top Go down
moneyb

moneyb

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:07 am

I still like the Lion Tamer better, I hope he still uses it.

Code Breaker could be pretty cool if he can modify it to pull it off on someone that isn't "groggy". Or maybe pull it off when he jumps off the middle rope, that'd be cool to see, lol.

I'm glad he's back though. The bit about "Me Want Title Match" was hilarious with the visual aides XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Matt Locker

Matt Locker

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 12:11 pm

Well WWE hardly let him use the Lion Tamer...he used the Walls of Jericho, which isn't as awesome. It's just an elevated boston crab...and most of the time they won't let him elevate him. It was fun to watch him break out the Lion Tamer on occasion though.

The Code Breaker will work because it can be performed quickly and from several different positions. If they build it properly it could become one of the most credible finishers in wrestling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Royal Pain

Royal Pain

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 2:35 pm

Well i think that Vince should pull out that fat wallet and try and temp AJ Styles & Samoa Joe, because 2 better performers there aint.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

WWE Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE Discussion   WWE Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next