High-Impact Wrestling Association

High-Impact Wrestling Association

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

I must be evil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AminRa

AminRa

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 11:29 am

I am the only one on the boards right now, and I was the last one to post anything previous to this, and I just noticed this:

Our users have posted a total of 666 messages

EVIL! Twisted Evil lol!

Edit: Yes, I am that bored right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eix

Eix

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 2:24 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TDX

TDX

Location : Oberzier Germany a little Town in the near of Cologne

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 3:02 pm

Evil or Very Mad 666 the number of the beast Twisted Evil ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myspace.com/tdx_torsten
UncleSam

UncleSam

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:11 pm

How do you figure that Anubis?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anubis

Anubis

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:20 pm

Professor David Parker, Professor of New Testament Textual Criticism and Paleography at the University of Birmingham, thinks that 616, although less memorable than 666, is the original. Dr. Ellen Aitken said, “Scholars have argued for a long time over this, and it now seems that 616 was the original number of the beast. It's probably about 100 years before any other version.

Number of the Beast 666 in modern biblical text, although 616 and 665 appear instead in at least one ancient source.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSam

UncleSam

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:59 pm

I hate to sound like an ass, but one of my major pet peeves is when people use wikipedia, or any other wiki for that matter, to bolster an argument on any topic, or imdb to defend information regarding films. I'm sure most people know the manner in which wikis work so I will spare everyone from an explanation. If you do not know what they are, just message me and I'll explain in more detail or you can simply look up what they are on google. The problem with wikis such as imdb or wikipedia is that anyone can put up any information they want, and until someone sees the error and puts in to rectify it, millions of surfers now begin to tell of these pseudo facts as if they were truths. Citing wikipedia, unfortunately, does not lend any validity to the suggestion that 666 is the modern 616 or 665.

I am not saying you are wrong with what you are presenting. I'm just saying that the information is coming from a less than reputable source. In light of that I have a hard time rejecting the common definition of 666 as the number of the beast at this time. I'm sure you don't really want to do too much research on this topic, but if you present some information from a more reliable source then I may be more inclined to believe you. Not that my acceptance of this information really matters to you anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSam

UncleSam

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:00 pm

Wow. See what you have started AminRa? I bet you never saw this debate coming when you originally posted this topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AminRa

AminRa

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:33 pm

Actually I did. I AM that evil. Twisted Evil

On a more serious note, I do agree with you about wikipedia Sam. It is one of my favorite websites because I really enjoy learning, but I rarely take anything too seriously unless there are reputable sources sited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSam

UncleSam

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:42 pm

I agree with you AminRa. I love to use Wikipedia as a jumping off point for things that I am not writing a paper on. It can be very informative, but the potential for misinformation causes me to research things further from more reputable sources after I've gotten some ideas from Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AminRa

AminRa

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:56 pm

I couldn't agree more. That is usually what I do too, only unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) I haven't actually had to write any papers in a long time. I usually use it to look up random things that pop into my mind and if I feel I need more/better information I move on to look for more acurate information. I have spent many hours on there just clicking random page and reading though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSam

UncleSam

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 7:04 pm

I dread when I am out of school, and the user fees for the Academic Search Premier Database on Ebscohost are no longer paid for me through my tuition. If I paid for access through a large group it is not so bad, but as a single, independent user the fees are way too much. It's great though for finding journal articles that are scholarly, peer reviewed articles. That way I know the information is as true to fact as I can get. Ok, now I sound like a total nerd.

Anyway, good matches from my invitational wouldn't you say? Thsu far we are even.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AminRa

AminRa

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 7:10 pm

Don't worry about sounding like a nerd. I would LOVE to have something like that at my fingertips. As I said before I love knowledge, so that would be a dream come true.

And yeah, they have been good matches. For some reason you are rated as 20/180 to me though. Not entirely sure why after looking at our matches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSam

UncleSam

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 7:18 pm

Well, that's good news for you, but makes me look kind of weak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AminRa

AminRa

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 7:26 pm

No, not neccessarily. I have noticed a bit of a quirk in that ranking system. I haven't quite figured out how it is figured, but I know it is not always completely accurate. And we have had good matches, so it is a good thing for you. It means you could challenge me, and if you continued to win 50% of the time, you would have a significant point increase while I would have just the opposite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSam

UncleSam

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 7:41 pm

You pose an excellent point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AminRa

AminRa

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 7:48 pm

Hopefully you wouldn't take advantage of me like that though. I don't really care about my ranking, but I do feel it is kind of wrong to abuse things like that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSam

UncleSam

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 8:05 pm

I would never screw another wrestler over, though I am interested in your idea of invitationals and rematches to up expeerience. I have tried to challenge Royal Pain and Konan multiple times, never to my benefit, but we all get more exp that way, so I keep trying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AminRa

AminRa

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 8:10 pm

Well I think if we could organize it well and keep it honest we could be using our 5 invitationals wisely. With just a minimal amount of research before using one, we could find out who is a close match to us so that it doesn't abuse anyone too much. Obviously even with close matches it can swing either way statistically, but if we can even get a group of us willing to do something like this it could be great for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anubis

Anubis

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 4:14 am

just going back to the Number of the Beast. Yes UncleSam i did use wikipedia but i checked other site, book and videos and most of them say that the Number of the Beast is 616.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSam

UncleSam

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 6:21 am

Well Anubis, that is a very interesting thought. I may just look into that soon. I'm not opposed to changes in long standing beliefs if compelling evidence presents itself. I like to know the truth, so I think I'll do some follow up. Since I am interested, what books, videos, and other sites did you use?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anubis

Anubis

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 12:46 pm

here are some sites.

http://www.csad.ox.ac.uk/POxy/beast616.htm

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134/beasts-real-mark-devalued-to-616

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44169

http://www.escapeallthesethings.com/666-616-number-mark-of-the-beast.htm

http://maxmagnusnorman.com/english/about_the_number_of_the_beast_666.shtml

http://www.ordoantichristianusilluminati.org/documents/number.htm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UncleSam

UncleSam

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 1:31 pm

Thanks. I'll check those out when I get some free time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

I must be evil Empty
PostSubject: Re: I must be evil   I must be evil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I must be evil
Page 1 of 1